President Donald Trump has reportedly switched to using an iPhone, despite once calling for a boycott of Apple products after the company refused to assist the FBI in unlocking the phone of San Bernadino shooter Syed Farook.
I use both iPhone & Samsung. If Apple doesn’t give info to authorities on the terrorists I’ll only be using Samsung until they give info.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 19, 2016
“Apple ought to give the security for that phone, OK. What I think you ought to do is boycott Apple until such a time as they give that security number. How do you like that? I just thought of it. Boycott Apple,” Trump said in February of last year, according to CNN.
On Tuesday, Trump’s Director of Social Media Dan Scavino, Jr. tweeted that Trump gave up his Samsung phone weeks ago.
— Dan Scavino Jr. (@DanScavino) March 29, 2017
Security experts questioned Trump’s initial decision to continue using his Android phone in the White House, and may find his use of an iPhone reassuring.
“What we know from looking at public information about disclosure of vulnerabilities and exploits on hardware and software is that Android devices have a very high volume of vulnerabilities. There’s a high level of exploitability of an Android phone,” Sam Kassoumeh of the security intelligence firm SecurityScorecard, told Wired in January.
© 2017 Newsmax. All rights reserved.