The Knicks are throwing elbows again at former teammate Charles Oakley.
Lawyers for Madison Square Garden and James Dolan, owner of the Knicks, filed papers Monday seeking to dismiss a lawsuit brought by Oakley in September — after he was forcibly tossed from a game earlier in the year.
The request to dismiss cited the beloved ex-Knick’s “long, documented history of altercations with law enforcement and security personnel.” The retired power forward exhibited “recidivist behavior,” Dolan’s lawyer, Randy Mastro, wrote in a letter to U.S. District Judge Richard J. Sullivan.
Oakley filed papers in September to sue Dolan and MSG for defamation and discrimination. He charged he was wrongly painted as having a drinking problem following an ugly incident in February, when Dolan had him ejected from a game.
“Dolan constantly disrespected Mr. Oakley,” his lawsuit charged.
But Mastro sought to paint Oakley as the one at fault.
“Minutes after taking his seat, near children, Oakley began shouting obscenities at a group of MSG security guards, calling them names like ‘motherf—–s’ and ‘rat b—–d,’ as witnesses will attest,” Mastro’s letter stated.
Oakley exhibited disruptive, threatening behavior, the lawyer continued. He said guards and a nearby NYPD police officer asked Oakley to leave — but the former hardwood hero refused and became violent, Mastro alleged.
“Oakley remained hostile and aggressive, cursing and hurling homophobic slurs at the guards and officers,” Mastro said.
Oakley was arrested and booked on charges of third-degree assault and aggravated harassment, among other crimes. The charges were dropped in August after Oakley agreed to stay out of trouble for six months and stay away from MSG for a year.
“Despite his deplorable behavior and his criminal plea, Oakley cynically sued MSG shortly thereafter,” Mastro stated in Monday’s filing.