Traditional Chinese clay pot chicken rice recipe! Easy, Step-by-step tutorial! (煲仔雞飯)
Thumbs up if you want more cooking tutorials!
Subscribe & Make my Day
Activating smell-o-vision! Scents of ginger, toasted rice, and chicken linger in the kitchen air. This dish brings back a lot of nostalgia. In my last video, tootzerrox requested for a “typical asian meal”. When I was growing up, my mom would always make me her special Chinese clay pot rice or 煲仔雞飯! Somehow the rice would get extra hot and crispy on the edge and the meat would be perfectly seasoned! I am so glad I was able to snag this recipe for you all! This my way of passing on my traditions to the future generation. Enjoy!
1. Soak 2 cups jasmine rice
– Soak 30 minutes –
2. Add 2 tbsp sesame oil to small pan
3. Add in 1/2 cup dried shrimp to high heat
4. Add in 1/4 cup shallots, 1 Chinese sausage, and 1/2 cup bacon.
– Cook for 2 minutes –
5. Boil 1 cup of water in a clay pot + little bit of oil (this prevent the rice from sticking)
6. Add rice to water when boiled
– Cook until the water is absorbed into the rice –
7. Add in marinaded chicken to the semi cooked rice
8. Add 1 egg with salt and oil
– Cook for 15 minutes –
9. Finish with green onions
Serve and enjoy!
Connect with me
Official Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/NadqnQ
Use Ebates: Free cash back on your online shopping: http://bit.ly/OJEScz
► Business Email Only: fashionbyally(at)gmail.com ◄